3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2018 3:51 PM by JimHess

DNG files have pink cast in preview & thumbnails mac

986638 Level 1

My previews and thumbnails of DNG files have a pink cast but the original CR2 files don't.

All DNG files read fine when opened in Adobe software (Lightroom, Raw & Photoshop)

I've been keeping the CR2 until I understand what's going on but it takes up a lot of extra storage space and some I already deleted before realizing the issue.

I'm shooting with CANON 5D IV & II (2 different cameras) and the files are coming from various SanDisk cards. This has never happened and only started in April 2018. Images I shot in March didn't have this issues. YET there were some images in March I didn't upload until April and they are pink.

It seems to be something that has happened during the conversion from CR2 to DNG.

I use Lightroom CC with Raw 9.12

• 1. Re: DNG files have pink cast in preview & thumbnails mac
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What does your "Lightroom CC with Raw 9.12" refer to?

The current versions of Lightroom and Photoshop are:

LR CC 1.3 -- this is the mobile version that used to be called LR Mobile.

LR Classic CC 7.3.1 -- this is the desktop version that used to be called LR CC.

PS CC 2018/19.1.3

Camera Raw 10.3

The latest versions of the previous, now obsolete, LR version series are:

LR 6.12 -- this is the final perpetual license version that doesn't require a monthly payment.

LR CC 2015.12 -- this supported the same cameras as LR 6.12 but also had more features because it was a CC subscription.

Both of these were desktop versions that have been superseded by LR Classic CC 7.x

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DNG files have pink cast in preview & thumbnails mac
            cmkhuu

I am having the exact same problems as you.  I've used the converter before and didn't encounter this problem.  I am also keeping my CR2 files, as they don't have this issue, and if i open them in lightroom or PS, they look fine.  My preview on the files are also pink.  I'm using a Mac.

Were you able to figure any of this out?

• 3. Re: DNG files have pink cast in preview & thumbnails mac
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you considered the answer that has been marked as being correct?