• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.264 codec not working in Premier Pro cc 12.1.1 (Build10)

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi having a lot of trouble using h.264 with the latest update of Premier Pro cc 12.1.1 (Build10)H.264 Missing Plub-in.png

I can no longer make h.264.mov files which for us is one of the most common files.  Also mp2 files have black bars on the sides now when making video for DVDs yea we still need those.  Thank God I still have FCP...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Well it use to save it with your presets but now it doesn't, it was kind of out of sight out of mind but it now defaults to black bar and you can't save it as a default you have to now manually set it every-time as the last thing you do before exporting.  Sorry but this is not an improvement and not as you said the way it ALWAYS been....  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OZ1317  wrote

Also mp2 files have black bars on the sides now when making video for DVDs yea we still need those.

This has always been true for downrezzed mpeg2 files. Set the crop to "scale to fill" on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it use to save it with your presets but now it doesn't, it was kind of out of sight out of mind but it now defaults to black bar and you can't save it as a default you have to now manually set it every-time as the last thing you do before exporting.  Sorry but this is not an improvement and not as you said the way it ALWAYS been....  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I only meant that it "always" required the crop. That said, I just tested (after waiting for the Win update to 1803!) PR 12.1.1, and a) the scale to fill stayed put for the next export and b) I saved a preset and, after changing away from the format, came back to MPEG2-DVD, a regular preset show black bars, and my saved preset had scale to fill. Don't know what to say! I'm always willing to confirm a problem; just can't this one.

Are you able to use the H.264 format, preset Vimeo 480p SD Wide? (I was.) Is your preset from an earlier version, or made new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines