1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2018 4:01 PM by alank99101739

Adobe charater animator

enushkam15319872

Hi there! i dont have much experience using adobe softwares, i could not find a way to upload a background image to animator?

and i would like to know how do i convert my animation into a video? can i combine videos?

I want to combine a real life video with animation. Real life video then play the animation video. Can i do this in character animator?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adobe charater animator
          alank99101739 Level 4

To upload a static images as a background, import it as a puppet. You then add it to a scene just like a puppet.

To convert your animation to video there are several approaches. But inside Character Animator there is an “export” option to send it to Adobe Media Encoder. That is what I normally do.

To combine videos I use either After Effects or Premier Pro. (You can drag a scene from a Character Animator window into After Effects / Premier Pro (which creates a “dynamic link”). Any changes in Character Animator will automatically become visible in AE/PP.) But what I normally do is export a video from Character Animator and merge the video using AE/PP, but that is personal preference.

If you want to have a real life video followed by a Character Animator video, followed by real life video again, I would use Premier Pro. Character Animator cannot edit or merge video files. It can only create video files from animations.

Normally I think of

* Photoshop/Illustrator to draw artwork

* Character Animator to create a video of an animation.

* After Effects to do ”clever things” like masking, chroma keying, advanced titles - “clever stuff”

* Premier Pro to assemble all the parts into a final video

1 person found this helpful