1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2008 6:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

Audio (.wav) files

Paevo Kelley Level 2
      I've downloaded a couple extensions from the Exchange, but could not find the sound I was looking for. Having since found a suitable clip I'd like to know: 1) In what folder the audio files are stored in Flash and 2) Is it simply a matter of depositing the .wav files there for them to show up in the Common Libraries panel?
        • 1. Re: Audio (.wav) files
          Level 7
          Paevo Kelley wrote:
          > I've downloaded a couple extensions from the Exchange, but could not find the
          > sound I was looking for. Having since found a suitable clip I'd like to know:
          > 1) In what folder the audio files are stored in Flash and 2) Is it simply a
          > matter of depositing the .wav files there for them to show up in the Common
          > Libraries panel?

On Windows XP, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash
          CS3\language\Configuration\Libraries\.

On Windows Vista, the path is C:\Users\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash
          CS3\language\Configuration\Libraries\.

On Mac OS, the path is Hard Disk/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash
          CS3/language/Configuration/Libraries/.

Personally I would not bother keeping content in common libraries. After a while of working
          with multiple projects you will end up storing huge amounts of data, which isn't fun browsing
          through in the library panel. It may also becomes slow and unresponsive if loaded with too much
          content.
          You will be better off having external drive or directory on your drive dedicated to specific
          content. Sound/ Effects/ Loops etc...

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>