• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Administrator 2016 only displays errors from logs if application name is blank

Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Another issue has popped up on our migration to 2016 -  when viewing the application.cfm log in CF administrator, any entries from the log with an application name do not show up.  They are in the log file itself, but don't show up.  I've tested this by setting application name="" and creating an error.

The other thing worth mentioning is this may very well have been the case for CF10 as well - however in CF 10 the log never wrote the application name in the log file.  Looking at old files it is always "" even though the application.cfm file has been that way for years.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Cosart | Senior Developer/Analyst

Center for Community College Student Engagement

Program in Higher Education Leadership

Department of Educational Leadership and Policy

College of Education

The University of Texas at Austin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, that’s not a current but in CF2016 update 6. I am attaching here a screenshot of how a log line for an app with name="" (or indeed one with no name at all) is in fact appearing in the CF Admin log files display for the application log (you said application.cfm log, but I will assume that was a finger fumble).

You may want to check what update you’re on (6 is the latest, from last month). Perhaps this was an issue fixed along the way in some update.

In the screenshot below, you'll see I tracked a cflog first with an app name (of "bob") and then one where I did name=""). After the image, I address your CF10 comment also.

Also, as for CF10, it did indeed log the application name (it would not make sense for them to have the app name col in the log header if it was not to log the app name, right?) Here is a sample log line from one of my CF10 logs:

"Information","catalina-exec-1","09/14/17","13:40:25","CFADMIN","Invalid login for Default User"

Now, in case you may want to press either point, are you creating log lines (in 2016 or 10) using CFLOG? I will note that the log line at the top here (on CF2016) was created by me doing a CFLOG (with just a text attribute). The CF10 log line was created by the CFAdmin, and we can’t know what code it uses to do its logging.

Hope that helps.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation