2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2018 6:14 PM by 3.14159625359

How do I set a standard color profile in Lightroom?

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Lightroom (bought it about a week ago), yet I've already learned a lot about it functions.

One thing that is bothering me though is that I cannot seem to find out how to set a stock color profile.

Obviously I'm not talking about the color space you choose when exporting a RAW file as JPEG, but about the color profile that is the very first option in

the Basic-tab in the Develop-section (I've attached a image in case I'm not clear enough).

It is always set to Adobe Color, but I want I want it to be my camera's standard-setting on every picture, without having to manually do that every time.

Does anybody know if and how I can fix that?

Thanks in advance!

Unbenannt.JPG

• 1. Re: How do I set a standard color profile in Lightroom?
          WobertC Adobe Community Professional

You can set the Default Camera Profile easily.

Import a raw photo from your camera,

In the Develop module- set the Camera Profile that you want to use in the Basic Panel {Profile:  },

Then go to the Menu:  Develop > Set Default Settings > Update to current Settings

Now when you import new photos, Lightroom will use your default profile.

You will only see a selection of camera profiles (standard, vivid, landscape, etc) if your photos are 'raw'  (NEF, CR2, ARW, etc)

JPG files have the camera profile embedded by the camera. (But the new 'Artistic' and 'Vintage' ,etc, profiles can still be applied to JPG files)

For photos already in your catalog, you can 'Batch' many files to the same profile by selecting all in the filmstrip of the Develop module, turn 'on' the [AutoSync] and set the profile.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I set a standard color profile in Lightroom?
            3.14159625359 Level 1

Thank you so much, that finally did it! Again, thanks!!