• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate device names in the admin console

New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come across several instances where a device has duplicated itself in the console, i.e. the same name shows up twice. The only difference between the two is that one device was last activated at an earlier date than the second device of the same name. Talking to IT all I can find is that those machines have been re imaged at some point.

I read somewhere that the device license doesn't need to be reinstalled when a computer is re imaged but it now seems to me it needs to be both unistalled and reinstalled to avoid the issue of duplicates in the console. The problem is of course that they take up double the amount of licenses. What would the correct procedure be if a computer need to be re imaged, or is there some other reason this duplication happens? Can I simply deactivate the older duplicate or will that affect the newer version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no.

Since then we have changed to Adobe CC for teams so I no longer need to worry about it but it would have been nice to find out all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're having the same issue. I assume you are as well? Wondering if you ever found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines