• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File fails to render/export if i leave print module and do another task before rendering starts

New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i am exporting numerous files via the print module, i cannot leave the module and start another task inside of lightroom until the file begins to render. Otherwise, the file will stay in "preparing print job" mode forever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and Lightroom version are you using.  I just did a "Print to File" of about a 100 RAW files in the Print module and then went back and did some editing on other photos in Develop and the task completed without error.

MacOS 10.13.4 and Lr 7.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 7.3.1

MacOS 10.13.4

I am creating PDF contact sheets. If i leave the print module before the file begins to actually render, it will stay in "preparing to print" mode. Its just annoying as if i am batch exporting 40 contact sheets, it slows me way down as i have to wait to each one to start rendering before i can get the next one going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just tried on contact sheets and got the same successful results as before.  I guess we will have to wait as see if someone else is having the same issue you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines