• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head Turning with Long Hair behind a neck

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do a Turn Triggered Head with Long hair behind a neck with another head turn behavior but the hair is getting warped. Help! I eventually want a body that turns with it too....

Essa CharacterTestHair.ai - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not near a computer with Adobe installed, so sorry cannot try what you supplied. Did you supply the full puppet (Export/Puppet), or just the artwork? The puppet (which includes all the rigging) would help a lot.

But a question: Do you want independence for the head and rear hair?

E.g. I wanted

- front hair (fringe) independent, attached to head

- head (also independent), attached to neck

- behind neck (which is a part of the overall body) I wanted another independent hair group.

It was hard to achieve because the rear hair group could not be both a child of head (needed for attachment) and behind the body (as head was in front of the body). One solution was to have a hidden second puppet behind the main puppet, so it got all the movement events, but with only the rear hair visible. (That is, have two top level roots within the artwork file - normally you only have one.)

In my case, I just made the head a part of the body group to keep the puppet simple.

Adding head turning on top however adds a whole additional layer of complexity, if you want the rear hair independent.

Ah, I found the old thread: Hair layer behind body is moving and distorting with the body, not the head

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't put the puppet up, its here Essa CharacterTestHair.puppet - Google Drive

I would like the hair to turn with the head and to tilt when the head tilts etc. I would love for it to have a dangle if possible but if not, no big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I can get to it this week due to a rush of kids school and work events (hopefully someone else on the forums can help!), but I think that other thread is what you are trying to achieve. I don’t think the dangles will create any additional complexity - just having the rear hair move with the head but behind the body is the challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve, but I took a quick stab at it by making swap sets for the head and hair and this is what I got. Does it differ from what you see?

HairHead.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I turned off lots of independence you had (because it causes problems with rear hair). I then turned on independence on BKG HAIR and added dangles to the rear hair. (Without this, the bobbing hair would distort the head as well.)

BEFORE:

AFTER

For BKG HAIR I also set the attachment to AUTO and so the BKG HAIR ground is attached to the puppet root, which includes Head and all turns because they are not independent. If you need Head independent, this will stop working.

The hair bounces a bit too much for my liking, but I think that is a Character Animator v1.5 bug. The physics strength for stiffness in bounce does not seem to work as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines