4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 12:11 PM by MartyNI

Keychain password access

janec2070563 Level 1

I constantly get asked for the password to my 'keychain account" I do not know what this even means, still less what a password might be. None of the other passwords I use on the computer are accepted.

I logged on to our Acrobat account yesterday, so that I could translate from an Acrobat document into a Word doc.

Since that time I have had nothing but problems. Google asks me to log in and then denies access, Facebook asks me to login.

How do I get out of this Acrobat do-loop and probably cancel my subscription to save more problems.

In a word - HELP!

• 1. Re: Keychain password access
          AnandSri Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Janec,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting the keychain password prompt in Acrobat, is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Also, refer and try the steps mentioned in the following Adobe discussion How to stop getting prompts for password in Adobe Pro for Mac

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Keychain password access
            MartyNI Level 1

I have been getting pinged by these pop-ups seems like once every 30 mins requesting the "Local Items" keychain as well, but mine isn't just from Acrobat, they are from any Adobe software I have open. My hypothesis is these are because of the upgrade to Mojave OS. I wasn't getting these before the upgrade.

I am using MAC OS Mojave 10.14.1 and here are the dot versions of my Adobe software:

Photoshop: 20.0.1

Illustrator: 23.0.1

Acrobat: 2019.008.20080

I hope this helps to discover the problem and issue a resolution.

• 3. Re: Keychain password access
              meenakshin83966505 Adobe Employee

Hi MartyNI,

As you get the Keychain login password pop-up after the recent update, try once the steps mentioned below:

- Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.

- From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.

- Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.

- Authenticate with your account login password.

- Quit Keychain Access.

- Reboot your Mac.

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 4. Re: Keychain password access
                MartyNI Level 1

That worked. Haven't had this happen all day today! YAY!