• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight Fill an Odd Shape

New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, someone here can help me with an issue that I haven't been able to find by searching. Apparently I don't have the proper vocabulary. I have a map that I want to highlight a non-standard/odd shape (not a square, rectangle, etc.) without using free form highlighting. According to one of my clients, they could do it Acrobat 9; but, how do I accomplish this in DC?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WillBSI,

You may try drawing tools under Comments section in DC and check if that helps. Please refer to this help doc which explains more on that: Use annotation and drawing markup tools to add comments in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I will have my client look at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you want to change the fill color of a vector object in a PDF? Can you post a screen shot of what you want to do? There is no easy way to do this in Acrobat, AFAIK. You can do it with the plug-in PitStop, and possibly other plug-ins, but PitStop is expensive. If the shape you want to change is raster (an image) Using Acrobat Pro, you can edit the object, which will open the object in Photoshop, where you can change the color. Upon saving, the PDF will automatically update with the edited object color.

Generally speaking, a map is going to be made of vector elements and Illustrator is the tool you would use to make your edits, although Illustrator is not a universal PDF editor. If the map PDF was created in Illustrator, you may be in luck, if not, there are various work-arounds to get you where you want to go. If you go to File> Properties> Description, you can determine the application that created the map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that info. Unfortunately, it's for a client and I cannot post a screenshot. However, the way you describe it sounds right. I will look at the properties to find out if the shape is it's own object and also what program created the map. Maybe we can find a way to edit it directly. Otherwise, I think the client will just use the drawing tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are is an example of using the drawing tools with a reduced opacity. Document Geek: Number Knitting #4: Virtual Coloring in Acrobat DC Using the Drawing Tools

NumberKnitting_BlueGreen.png

AbstractRose_NumberKnittingChart.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines