• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader set as default PDF viewer, but Right-click & Print opens Acrobat?

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've recently deployed Acrobat across our XenDesktop infrastructure with Named User licenses (As per Common Deployment Options — Enterprise Administration Guide), and have had a bit of an issue with Reader and Acrobat functionality.

I've got Reader set as the default for PDF documents for all users, and this works fine when you double click one to open it up. Reader opens up as you'd expect, functions as normal. However, when you right click on the document and click "Print", it tries to open up Acrobat. This poses a problem with the deployment we've used, as there are only a few users that have a license for Acrobat.

I've checked every possible option to try and ensure that Reader is the default program to open PDFs, but no matter what I try it always defaults to opening Acrobat. If I alter the default program to something like Nitro, it opens that up and prints, but dropping it back to Reader results in the same problem.

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this? It's a small function but it's needed for quickly printing off multiple documents at once.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Sorted it. There's a registry key that wasn't updating all of its subkeys - HKCR\AcroExch.Document.DC\shell\Print\command and \Printto\command - both of the (Default) values needed the path amending to the path to AcroRd32.exe

Hopefully this doesn't catch others out, and if it does, there's a quick fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorted it. There's a registry key that wasn't updating all of its subkeys - HKCR\AcroExch.Document.DC\shell\Print\command and \Printto\command - both of the (Default) values needed the path amending to the path to AcroRd32.exe

Hopefully this doesn't catch others out, and if it does, there's a quick fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines