• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tagging Form Fields for Accessibility

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to tag my form fields, however it will let me tag one, then it wont tag the rest.  What am I doing wrong, or what can I try?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give us some more details?  What version of Acrobat?  Operating System?  Technique you are using to attempt to tag the fields?  It might help us help you.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email!  I use Adobe Acrobat DC the newest version for PC.  I was using the touchup reading tool however this would only work for one field. I was unsure why this doesn’t work for the others.  I also have noticed the autotag for form fields has never worked.  I finally went through the tags pain and finding all the untagged annotations and tagged them through there.  This finally worked.  I am just unsure why the touchup reading tool wouldn’t work for all the form fields.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Alison Grimes

[Personal info removed by mod: Email, phone, address]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TURO was not designed to do that and leaves off the annotation part. Maybe in the future TURO will get a bit more muscle for tagging forms, but today, it's not the best method to tag form fields in Acrobat.

Here are the basic steps:

1. In forms edit mode, add the form fields.
  2. Add all the other controls for accessibility, such as Properties.
  3. Exit forms edit mode.
  4. Tag Annotations (Tag panel options)
  5. Find / Untagged Annotations (Tag panel options) and tag them as <Form>
  6. Drag / Drop the <Form> tags into the correct RO in the tag tree, usually as a child tag nested inside the <P> tag of its label.
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines