Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to create a linear trend line (calculated metric?)

Level 5

I am having a question maybe someone can help me out on this.

I have created a line graph of couple weeks visits and see the behaviour. Now I would like to see a trend line in there. I have tried to caluclate this but somehow was not able to do so. Does anyone know a solution on this.

For example these are the visits of my week:

With this information I would like to create an own trend line to see how the behaviour is going. Does anyone know a solution on that?

The most important part is to get a trendline by using maybe a calculated metric

I would be more than thankful!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I found also another way:

1494618_pastedImage_0.png

I have tested also with our data and typical Excel trendlines and the values are correct.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

If you shift+click the numbers you want to trend, then right click > trend selection, you should get exactly what you're looking for.

Level 5

No this is not what I want. I would like to have a regular line with visits for example and trend line. Just like this:

1493113_pastedImage_0.png

Level 3

I would think there would be a method to use the "Cumulative Average" function, but I wasn't able to get it to work.

Does the attached get you close enough?  This would be a rolling average trend line.

1494203_pastedImage_0.png1494204_pastedImage_1.png

Correct answer by
Level 5

I found also another way:

1494618_pastedImage_0.png

I have tested also with our data and typical Excel trendlines and the values are correct.