4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 7:38 PM by phai24

Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic

RawGiE

Hello!

I was just wondering if there is a way for me to sync only smart previews while working with Lightroom Classic?

So far I have my main desktop with both Lightroom Classic synced to the cloud with the originals downloaded, now I just want my laptop to be sync'd as well but only download the smart previews only like CC?

My laptop doesn't have enough storage for the originals...

Thank-you!

• 1. Re: Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic
          WobertC Adobe Community Professional

From your post I think I am doing what you ask-

My Desktop computer runs LR-Classic v7.3.1,

I make Collections that I sync to the Cloud (these are Smart Previews)

I run Lightroom-CC v1.3 on my laptop and it shows me the photos from the Collections.

I have a choice in the Lightroom-CC preferences to Download the Smart Previews, or not at all.

Note:

LR-Classic will only sync Smart Previews (Not originals in the Desktop) to the Cloud.

LR-Classic will only sync files you place in Collections (not necessarily the entire Library!)

My option is 'on' to download the Smart Previews to my laptop for faster viewing:

ScreenShot007.jpg

• 2. Re: Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic
            RawGiE Level 1

I already have that same setup already, but I want something similar to CC where my laptop is able to download the Smart Previews only.

When I turn on the sync function in Classic it starts downloading the full originals, and it doesn't give me an option to download smart previews only..

Thanks though!

• 3. Re: Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic
              WobertC Adobe Community Professional

If I understand what you ask-

With LR-Classic (desktop) you can only sync Smart Previews UP to the 'Cloud'. You cannot sync them DOWN to use with another Classic installation (Laptop). (but you can with Lightroom-CC on the laptop!)

To Classic-edit only with SPs on the laptop you would need to "Export as a Catalog- with SPs" from the desktop and copy this catalog to the laptop.

When I turn on the sync function in Classic

Where is this? Desktop or Laptop? You can only sync one Classic catalog to the cloud and that would normally be the desktop.

• 4. Re: Smart Previews Only - Lightroom Classic
                phai24

exactly same problem here, please let me kno if you can figure it out.