• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic downloads RAW files to my PC form LR CC. WHY???

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve got a terrible issue. I had offline lightroom (which is now lightroom classic) and lightroom on my ipad. When I’ve updated my stuff to the latest version and installed both lightoom CC and classic lightroom, classic one decided to download *.cr2 raw files to my pc. WHY? How can I stop him? Leave them in cloud!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And second question, i've got a hdd with another photo library. Over 50 000 photos. What will happen when i open in it my lr classic, it will try to upload files to cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2018 on your computer is a Cloud based new application and stores your original files in the Adobe Creative Cloud.

Lightroom Classic CC is a computer based application and your original files need to be connected to your computer.

So the new application stores you files in the Adobe Creative Cloud.

The Classic version of Lightroom works with your desktop or laptop computer with the original files stored on your internal or external / network drives.

See the link below for more info.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand this. But how can i teach lr classic not to work with lr cc library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines