Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Farbdifferenz nach Export als jpg

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ich habe folgendes Problem. Seit ich meinen Laptop (Dell XPS) mit dem Xrite kalibiert habe, erhalte ich bei einem jpg export andere Farben als mir in lightroom angezeigt werden. Das jpg Bild ist um einiges kräftigere und brillianter als die "Vorschau" in Lightroom. Damit ist natürlich die ganze Bildbearbeitung für die Katz.

Das Problem scheint beim Export zu liegen. Habe ein altes Bild erneut exportiert und die beiden jpg (vor und nach der Kalibirerung) unterscheiden sich deutlich. Ohne aber am Originalbild (raw in lightroom) oder an den export Einstellungen irgendwas geändert zu haben. Das neue jpg ist deutlich kräftiger.

Woran kann das liegen und wie kann ich das beheben? Irgendwer eine Ahnung? Liegts an der Kalibierung? Andere Änderungen am System gab es eigentlich nicht, bis auf die normalen Windows updates.

danke

Philipp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,.

I have the following problem. Since I have my laptop (Dell XPS) with the Xrite kalibiert, I get other colors when a jpg export than me are displayed in lightroom. The jpg image is a lot more powerful and brilliant as the "Preview" in Lightroom. So that the whole image editing for the Katz is, of course.

The problem seems to lie in the export. An old picture again exported and the two jpg differ (before and after the calibration) significantly. But at the original image (raw in lightroom) or to the export to have changed without settings something. The new jpg is much stronger.

What could this be and how can I fix it? Anyone any idea? It lies on the calibration? There were no other changes to the system actually, until on the normal Windows updates.

Thank you

Philipp

The Dell XPS has a wide gamut display, which requires you to use only color managed applications to view images.

Applications that are not color managed (like the Photos app, the File explorer and the Edge browser) will display images over saturated.

The Windows Photo Viewer is color managed.

I'm guessing that you are seeing something like this:

Wide-gamut-saturation.png

This test page for color profiles (and color management) can be found here: Test page for color profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks, sounds reasonable. Unfortunately I don't know how to check it. Windows Photo Viewer is n/a for windows 10. Any idea which other (free) software I could use to view images with the calibration applied?

Philipp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7, but I believe the Windows Photo viewer is hidden somewhere in Windows 10.  Do a search for it.

Irfanview​ is a free color managed viewer. (you need to turn color management on in Settings)  You can also use Adobe Bridge.

If you don't mind spending a little money, ACDsee is a good option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Irfanview but had the same issue. But I found the source of the problem and a solution.

Export options specified "sRGB" as colour calibration. The exported file showed that in the file details as well. I changed to other calibration settings (now use Adobe RGB) and with that export the jpg looked like the picture in lightroom.

The windows file details now show "not calibrated" instead of "sRGB".

I think the "sRGB" export somehow overwrites the colour calibration and over-saturates the jpg on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edigrafie  wrote

I think the "sRGB" export somehow overwrites the colour calibration and over-saturates the jpg on the screen.

That has nothing to do with it. This is really simple: you have a wide gamut display, and are not viewing in a properly color managed environment.

With correct color management, any profile will display correctly on any monitor. Without it, sRGB displays oversaturated on wide gamut displays, as you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D Fosseis right.

It sounds like you did not turn on color management in Irfanview - it's under Options > Properties/Settings.

Because files in Adobe RGB usually display with reduced saturation in non-color managed applications, it now (by chance) displays more correctly. I tried this in Irfanview myself on my wide gamut monitor, with color management turned off, and I'm seeing the same thing as you do.

You may think you have fixed the problem, but you haven't.

Turn on color management in Irfanview, and sRGB, Adobe RGB, or any other profile will display correctly.

irfanview.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines