1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2018 10:59 AM by BuzzCutsMultimedia

Loading from DV, weird bug since updating

NevBrook

Hey,

Before the latest update, loading tapes wasn't an issue. Now, loaded tapes only come up in the browser within Premiere as audio files. This also happens with video files captured before the update.

Also weird, when I go to the finder the quicktimes play fine in Quicktime player. Also, when loading through the capture window, I can see the video and hear the audio fine. As soon as it's captured, only an audio file appears in the browser.

Any help or a fix would be great!

Thanks

• 1. Re: Loading from DV, weird bug since updating
          BuzzCutsMultimedia Level 1

Sorry to bump such an old post but I'm having similar issues Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1 on my Mac running High Sierra.

Strangest part is, it's completely intermittent. 95% of clips load correctly in Premiere, but a few only come in as audio. The video and audio appears correctly in Quicktime and seems to be recognized correctly in other programs (iMovie, Mpeg Streamclip, FCP, etc.), but not in any Adobe programs. Instead it shows up in Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder as audio only in a Quicktime wrapper 'No Video'.

Example is the highlighted clip in the screenshots below.

Although it's relatively infrequent, it's still common enough that it's a big time waster to have to re-encode each video clip to get it to show up in Premiere.

The source video is from a VHS captured through iMovie and pulled from the iMovie library (not exported from project), because Premiere's Capture's device control override wouldn't work and it would constantly cut out (but that's a whole other issue!).

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.43.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.42.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.42.17 AM.png