1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2008 4:45 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flash Video - Slow Loading

scattflash
      I've got a frame on http://www.bcustodio.com/new.htm where this Flash video sme.flv loads & plays.
      It plays immediately upon loading & often has to stop every second or so & wait for more of it to load.
      It will only play well if I load half of it before playing it all the way through. But it takes a minute for half of it to load.

To speed up loading & avoid the freezing, is my only option to reduce the quality & size of the video?
      I've read about 1. Streaming from Flash Video Streaming Service and 2.Streaming from Flash Communication Server, but these mean additional expense.
      Does anyone have any suggestions?

These are the files I have:
      ClearExternalPlaySeekMute.swf - 4 KB
      sme.flv - 2.6 MB, video is 45 seconds long
      sme.swf - 52 KB
      sme.htm - 104 KB
        • 1. Re: Flash Video - Slow Loading
          Level 7
          scattflash wrote:
          > I've got a frame on http://www.bcustodio.com/new.htm where this Flash video
          > sme.flv loads & plays.
          > It plays immediately upon loading & often has to stop every second or so &
          > wait for more of it to load.
          > It will only play well if I load half of it before playing it all the way
          > through. But it takes a minute for half of it to load.
          >
          > To speed up loading & avoid the freezing, is my only option to reduce the
          > quality & size of the video?
          > I've read about 1. Streaming from Flash Video Streaming Service and
          > 2.Streaming from Flash Communication Server, but these mean additional expense.
          > Does anyone have any suggestions?
          >
          > These are the files I have:
          > ClearExternalPlaySeekMute.swf - 4 KB
          > sme.flv - 2.6 MB, video is 45 seconds long
          > sme.swf - 52 KB
          > sme.htm - 104 KB
          >

The bottom line is your hosting service and your available broadband.
          If the hosting has huge number of accounts on a single server, the overall
          performance downloading files will be very poor. And if you line is not as
          good, no matter how optimized the file will be, it will take time to download.

There really isn't much you can do to speed up already optimized file as long
          as your hosting and your internet access aren't so good.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>