1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2018 6:25 AM by Akash Sharma

Facial Recognition "Find New Faces" created random recognitions in upper left corner

mattheww27355923

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this. I ran "Find Faces Again" on all my photos, hoping it would update the facial recognition results with people I recently confirmed.

Now I have 26k+ images with a facial recognition tagging box in the upper left corner, every single one of my photos has this. What can I do?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Facial Recognition "Find New Faces" created random recognitions in upper left corner
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi mattheww27355923,

Which exact version of Lightroom Classic CC are you using?

The Face Recognition engine in Lightroom has been replaced, and it should do a better job of picking up faces the old engine would have missed. If Catalog Settings > Metadata tab > Automatically detect faces in all photos is checked, you don’t need to do anything to benefit from the changes.

I'd recommend you to try the new option to reindex specific photos, which has been requested for a long time. You’ll find this under Library menu > Find Faces Again. This may remove duplicates if any.

Thanks,

Akash