Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy text from notepad into pdf form

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Up until last week I was able to copy and paste text from notepad into a PDF form but for some reason now I can't copy and paste into the PDF form.  The PDF form has not been changed and I have tried to copy the text into Word and then into the PDF form but this hasn't worked either.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this has happened.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jac,

Try opening another pdf form in Acrobat/ Reader and copy paste the text and check if that works. Also, do you see the cursor blinking when clicking in one of the form fields?

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat / Reader and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I've already tried and yes I can paste the same data into a different PDF form.  Yes the cursor is blinking when I click into the form fields.  I just can't get it to paste anything into the form.

The version of Acrobat Reader is 18.011.20040 and the operating system is Windows 8.1 Pro.

I'm wondering if the file has become corrupt as I use save as each time I need to create a new one.  I might ask the company the original form came from to send me a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

发中文!!!!!!!!

mgm Steven

在 2018年5月23日,上午9:40,jac53979335 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> 写道:

Can't copy text from notepad into pdf form

created by jac53979335 in Acrobat Reader - View the full discussion

Hi Shivam,

I've already tried and yes I can paste the same data into a different PDF form. Yes the cursor is blinking when I click into the form fields. I just can't get it to paste anything into the form.

The version of Acrobat Reader is 18.011.20040 and the operating system is Windows 8.1 Pro.

I'm wondering if the file has become corrupt as I use save as each time I need to create a new one. I might ask the company the original form came from to send me a new one.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10399121#10399121 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10399121#10399121

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Acrobat Reader by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jac,

Would it be possible to share the pdf form with us to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, please refer to the steps given here: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Thanks for your message, here is the link to the form I'm having trouble with.

I did get the owner of the form to re-send it to me and I still had the same problem.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/3cb2da58-cc4e-40c5-a506-54ff86bfe77e

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here. I can copy and paste text in this form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link. We tried replicating the issue at our end and there was no issue in copying and pasting text into the form as Bernd Alheit mentioned above. Have you tried typing the text in one of the form fields to check if it works?

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd/Shivam,

Thanks for your messages, unfortunately I'm still not sure then why I cannot copy and paste into the form myself.

Shivam, I can actually type into the form with no problem.  It's just with the information being so important to be exact I like to copy from one document to another so as not to make any typing errors.

Thanks for looking at this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you paste? Do you use Edit > Paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

I've tried all ways I know how to.  Control V, right click to get paste (which is not highlighted to use) and also Edit Paste and again paste is not highlighted so not available to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Looks like the clipboard of your system is always empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But I can copy and paste into other forms it's only this one I'm now having trouble with.  It was ok until a couple of weeks ago.  Any guess as to what could have changed?

Please note that I'll be away from my work for the next week and won't have access to a computer so if I don't reply that is why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines