3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2018 6:14 AM by dj_paige

Frustration with customer service

chao yuant48758614

I would like to express my extreme frustration with customer service.

It is patently obvious that Lightroom is trying to evade the responsibility of trying to provide customers and clients with a simple email address to which their queries can be addressed. To date, I am unable to find a simple email to direct my simple question to. I was thus forced to call the helpline.

I initially called at around 8:50 pm (Singapore time) and was informed that the operating hours were only between 9 am to 5 am.

When i called at 1:30 pm (Singapore time), i was directed to a call centre in INDIA. With all due respect, their attempt to help me was passable, however, it was difficult to understand the operators' accents. It was also frustrating to be transferred around from department to department as they attempted to shirk their responsibility in answering my question.

QUESTION 1: WHY DO I NEED TO CALL DURING MY COUNTRY'S OFFICE HOURS IF I AM GOING TO BE DIRECTED TO ANOTHER COUNTRY?

QUESTION 2: WHY DO I NEED TO BE SUBJECT TO AN UNINTELLIGIBLE ACCENT THAT EVENTUALLY TRIES TO AVOID ANSWERING MY QUESTION?

The simple question i wanted to ask was this: I am unable to open my Lightroom 6. I followed the suggestions provided on the forum (to update my Microsoft Visual C++) but to no avail. I am at my wits' end and I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom 6. However, I do not know whether I will be able to. I have a one time purchase of Lightroom 6.

I must say though, that this experience has convinced me that the money spent on Lightroom 6 may very well have been a big waste of money in light of the absolutely horrible customer support offered by Lightroom. I do not exaggerate when I say that I would recommend other alternative software.

In case I have not made myself clear enough, I am THOROUGHLY DISAPPOINTED with Lightroom 6's services.