• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script pass parameter to Plugin (no parameter input)

Engaged ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Script JSX which needs to pass a parameter to C++ Plugin which has no parameter input at present.  The plugin has no dialog but needs info from the Script when it runs.  Script is from Action translated by Action2Javascript.

Anyone have a simple suggestion without installing a dialog in the plugin.

Thanks,

RONC

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Install Dissolve plugin from SDK.

Install ScriptListener plugin from web search.

Open or create a file and run dissolve.

Look at the ScriptListener.log file on your desktop. (How to control from scripting)

Look at the ReadScriptParameters in Dissolve example. (How to respond from scripting)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the plug-in has no UI I would think the plug-in is not interactive and would just process the current document based on its current content. The Plug-in would not process passed parameters for it has no user interface. The plug-in needs to have some UI added to process parameters before you can pass parameters to it.

Photoshop Plug-in can have Action support programmed in When you record the plug-in in an action the plug-in will  record the parameters use recording the plug-in step into the Action step.  If you Add Action support as well as a UI to the Plug-in you may not even need a script.

You could look at Adobe's Plug-in Fit Imags to see what Action support requires.  "Fit Imge.jsx"  Photoshop Plig-in is a Photoshop Script programed in JavaScript so you have Adobe source to look at.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ,

Thanks for the response.

I failed to mention that the user interface is in the script which is driving 40 or so plugins.  Most of the plugins do not have need a dialog but a couple have now matured to the point they need info from the previously executed plugins and some number crunching in the script.

Is there a place in the Global Parameters that we can store like 64 bytes of info for the next plugin to view?  Part of the 64 bytes would be for security of getting correct info.

I coded a external file method for a quick test and it works OK.  I saved the file in %TEMP% and delete it after I get the info from it.  I'd sure prefer to do it internally with the script and plugins.

I'm always paddling upstream as it more interesting.

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do what ever you want in your script.  However the pugin will not look at anything the script does if it has no user interface. It must have a user interface to proces parameters the Script can pass to it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Dissolve plugin from SDK.

Install ScriptListener plugin from web search.

Open or create a file and run dissolve.

Look at the ScriptListener.log file on your desktop. (How to control from scripting)

Look at the ReadScriptParameters in Dissolve example. (How to respond from scripting)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the help of a centrifuge, I think I undissolved the code you were referring to.

Thanks Tom and JJ.

RONC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines