Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Mac to what ?

Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a graphic designer and I'm facing a dilemma so I could use some help.

After almost 30 years of using Apple only, and when I say only, I mean ONLY, I come to the decision that is time for the big jump... I'm ready to transition from mac to PC, something that up to a few weeks ago I would have never imagined to say.

Why ?

Because I lost enthusiasm and trust in Apple and in its "philosophy' years ago, it used to be about innovation and now it's clearly only about profit.

In other words, for my needs ( basically I work only within Adobe CC, plus Powerpoint ) I can find way better hardware at a lower cost in the PC World and now Windows 10 is stable and not that ugly anymore.

Now I have a macbook pro ( almost all the time plugged into a big external monitor) plus an iPad pro with apple pencil and they are OK, but I realized that with this configuration I do not use the pencil as much as I would like to.

For example if I'm working in Illustrator or photoshop and at a certain point I would like add a "pencil touch" to my work I would need need to open the file on the iPad in another app and than reopen it on the mac, and at the end I never do that because it would break the workflow, so I almost never use my "pencil touch".

This is when I realized that in the "PC world" they invented the convertible laptops or 2-in-1 and that would be the perfect hardware for me... and this brings me to my dilemma: which convertible laptop should I buy ?  This market is all new for me, there are so many possible choices and I'm totally overwhelmed and confused.

As a mac user only, it was easy, I used to buy the best macbook pro within my budget, period.

So after a lot of research I come to the conclusion that for me the best solution would be a 13 inches convertible laptop, but which one ? Microsoft Surface Book 2 seems the right choice, but It really feels like with Mocrosoft you overpay for the brand and this really bothers me ( especially coming form Apple ).

I really like the Asus ZenBook or the HP Spectre but again... I'm confused with these many choices.

Did anyone out there went through my same transition and has some good advice ? or more simply someone with similar needs to mine that has experience with convertible laptop.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines