• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop running the mouse pointer over a preset from altering main image?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In develop there is a small image above the preset lists and the main image. Previously, running the mouse over the available presets would alter the small image immediately but not the large one until the mouse was clicked. Since a recent update both images change as the mouse runs over the presets and it is driving me nuts trying to find the setting to stop this!

I want the small image to show the effect of the preset before clicking and effecting the changes, and the large image to show the actual state of the image, which changes only after the required preset has been found and the clicked. I am sure there must be a preference or setting - but where?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe already have this "Under consideration"

See the posts at-

Lightroom Classic: Add the possibility to disable full image preset preview | Photoshop Family Custo...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I thought it was me being dumb and not being able to navigate the Lightroom menus.

It really is infuriating as you move to export, only to see your carefully editing photo morph through several options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should provide your contact details as indicated in above linked post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on WobertC's reply, this post in the thread he provides a way to disable the full-size previews of the presets: Lightroom Classic: Add the possibility to disable full image preset preview | Photoshop Family Custo... . Make sure you click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner of that thread, which will ensure you're notified when there's a change in the status of the issue (e.g. if a new version of LR provides an explicit preference setting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines