• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow website load time

Engaged ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Muse optimised images for size needed? Am I wrong? If not then how do you decide on the size for an amiage that stretches to browser width?

I know the videos in this site are big... is it just that or anything else? What can I do to fix it?

WELCOME TO FLAIR

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scan your site with GT Metrix.

Latest Performance Report for: http://www.flairwindows.com/index.html | GTmetrix

Your images are failing because they are way oversized for purpose.  For example, you don't need a 2000px wide image if it's being scaled to 360px wide in browsers.  I use Photoshop > File > Export > Export As... before I add them to websites.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, I set the image size of the header images to 2000 to cater for largest screen sizes as they are set to fill browser. Can you explain what you mean about scaled to fit 360px browser please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dandybox  wrote

I thought Muse optimised images for size needed? Am I wrong?

yes and no, it will crop an image to fit within the frame and make another one for each breackpoint if needed

imo the design

slows you down as well... for desktop I would drop these from the home page (perhaps move them to another page);

Screenshot (891).png

Screenshot (892).png

and I would keep these two as they load better

Screenshot (893).png

Screenshot (894).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway, client wants them as they are I'm afraid.

Interestingly nobody has mentioned the huge video files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've run a Nibbler report and have been recommended the following

Add width and height attributes to all image tags. The width and height you specify should be the same as the source image. If you want to resize an image in the browser, use CSS.

How do I do this in muse please? I cant add image alt descriptions as they are in containers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines