2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2008 4:55 AM by Newsgroup_User

Need help with video playback

JBrownup
      I have a toshiba protege and I have wonderful download speeds, but the playback for the flashplayer is awfull. The video is very choppy even though the video has downloade. I have already turned off the accelerator and updated my display driver. I still have choppy video and I'm going nuts. Please help me!

JBrown
        • 1. Re: Need help with video playback
          JBrownup Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: JBrownup
          I have a toshiba protege and I have wonderful download speeds, but the playback for the flashplayer is awfull. The video is very choppy even though the video has downloade. I have already turned off the accelerator and updated my display driver. I still have choppy video and I'm going nuts. Please help me!

JBrown

Any help would be great or at least steer me in the right direction. Thanks!!

• 2. Re: Need help with video playback
            Level 7
            JBrownup wrote:
            > I have a toshiba protege and I have wonderful download speeds, but the playback
            > for the flashplayer is awfull. The video is very choppy even though the video
            > has downloade. I have already turned off the accelerator and updated my
            > display driver. I still have choppy video and I'm going nuts. Please help me!

Some machines are just too poor hardware wise to handle flash.
            I have just seen very new HP which was terrible in navigating simple flash site which
            anywhere else is lightning smooth. Especially when comes to touch screen tablets.
            The touchscreen controlling 360 panoramas has some serious performance issues, unlike
            any other regular laptop. There is a compromise unfortunately, the smaller it gets the
            more compressed technology and it just can't handle all the media.

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--
            "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>