I have had so many problems since updating to the newest version of CC2018. I'm not really sure where to start so I'm just going to start listing them out.
1. AUDIO - audio is doing some WEIRD stuff. It started with first - when I updated to the newest version of CC2018 - I updated my project when prompted. When I went into the new project, first the audio was missing from the project. I cleaned my cache, restarted the computer, and then reopened.
2. Next it re-synced the audio from one project to an entirely different project! The interview video was from the project I opened. The audio it synced itself to was from a completely separate project saved in an entirely different place on my computer! I quit Premier again. Restarted the computer. And re-opened the project once again, this time holding down the 'shift' key when opening the project to re-find and sync all clips. This seems to work but I have to do this on every single project file I open otherwise the problems above happen. This is not only a problem for me, my co-editor on an entirely different project off of a different drive, working on a different computer has the same thing happening to him.
3. To open a project and resync every video file is wasting me a ton of time. I'm currently working on editing 3 projects. And each time I close out and open a new project it takes me about 15-20 minutes for all the files to re-sync. This is very time consuming and frustrating.
4. Fonts - A main font that I use, UNIVERS family, which I know is not a font within the default fonts in Premier is no longer showing up. It's a font I purchased years ago and have been using up until this current update of cc2018. I re-downloaded and re-installed the font onto my computer. Restarted my computer and opened up Premier and it will still not find the font. This is a font that I need to use in a campaign that has been going for the past 3 months and will continue for the next 3 months. I tried returning to an older version and now the older version will no longer recognize the font, even though it did before.
5. Exporting - this is linked to the audio issue above. When I export - I make sure the entire timeline i want to export is highlighted and export to media encoder making sure audio and video are selected. Half the time now, it exports all video, but then just randomly cuts out certain sections of audio. Again this is happening across multiple projects on multiple timelines.
I video source is from a Canon C100 mkii - video clips are recorded in either AVCHD or MP4 formats. The issues described above seem to happen more frequently with video from the AVCHD soure, however it has happened with clips recorded in MP4 formats.
I work off of a MacBook Pro (Retina lat 2013) model. Processor 2.6Hz Intel Cor i7. 16 GB's 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory. Graphics cards I have both the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2047 MB and Intel Iris PRo 1536 MB.
Again none of these problems occurred before updating to CC2018.
I don't know what's going on but Premier is messing me up across multiple computers very badly. Please work on fixing these problems and coming up with a better update SOON!