1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2006 5:23 AM by Newsgroup_User

Help with flashplayer 7 for pocket pc

Brad367
      From what I can tell, I have successfully downloaded and installed flash 7 for my pocket pc (it's a Dell Axim X51). I went through the process of downloading the .cab file and installing it. It said "successfully installed" when I was done. I restarted the my pocket pc, but when I went to a site that uses flash, it told me that no flash player was installed. Any help on what to do would be greatly appreciated!
        • 1. Re: Help with flashplayer 7 for pocket pc
          Level 7
          The flash file has to be published within a html document.
          You will only be able to view flash 7 and below content.
          edit your flash publish settings and create a swf & html eg sample.swf &
          sample.html. When you browse to sample.html you will see the flash file.
          I have been playing around with one of our sites www.discoveryforce.co.uk if
          you browse this you will see only part of the site but it will prove whether
          you have the player installed.

"Brad367" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ei1a99$oph$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > From what I can tell, I have successfully downloaded and installed flash 7
          > for
          > my pocket pc (it's a Dell Axim X51). I went through the process of
          > downloading
          > the .cab file and installing it. It said "successfully installed" when I
          > was
          > done. I restarted the my pocket pc, but when I went to a site that uses
          > flash,
          > it told me that no flash player was installed. Any help on what to do
          > would be
          > greatly appreciated!
          >