• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem went i import a illustrator file to after effects

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is when importing an .ai file to after effects this is not shown correctly, I get text or black screen, just open me .eps but I can not do anything, i try to reinstalling after effects and illustrator and nothing , I have the updated drivers and try creating a new file after reinstalling Illustrator but it only showed me everything in black even though text was no longer available, someone knows how to solve this error, thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Dropbox says it all:

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.36.00 PM.png

When you save a file this dialogue should pop up.

Screenshot_2018-05-18 22.41.18_rmzsaQ.png

That should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would have to see your AI file to know what is wrong with it.

Try this.

Start a new AI document 1920 points by 1080 points. Select any of the shape like the Rectangle tool and draw a shape with a red fil and no stroke. Add a new layer in the layer panel. Use the pen tool to draw a line with a blue stroke about 10 points wide in the second layer. Save the AI file and then import as a composition with cropped layers in AE. You should get a comp with a red shape on the bottom layer and a blue line on the top layer. The background would be black. If that works then the problem is with your original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i follow you instrutions but after illustrator test error.JPG

I went back to re-install again illustrator and later i create the new document with you instrutions but nothing happen U_U

illust.JPG

this problem it only happens with the .ai files but no with .psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this file:

Dropbox - AI Test.ai

If your browser adds a different extension just delete it. Open as a comp retaining layer sizes and you should see two layers. If that file does not work the make sure AE is up to date. If it works, make sure AI is up to date, reset all of the preferences in Illustrator, and make sure the color mode is RGB. You might also want to open the text file in AI and add another line or object and save it as a different name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when re-install the illustrator and after effects update them to the latest version, the file that you send was already in RGB since it was in video format with 150Dpi, for some reason the problem only occurs when I save something with my illustrator because your file works correctly, also the files of my teacher and that of some colleagues, apparently the problem is my illustrator but I do not understand why, I already uninstall the plugins and reset the preferences of both illustrator and after effects

ilus adobe expert.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check your preferences:

AI prefs.png

You should also make sure you are saving with the right settings:

save.png

You also need to make sure that there is only one Artboard and that all of the artwork is included on that artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ilus preferences.JPG

are the default preferences, I uninstalled and reinstalled the adobe illustrator and reset the preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can post the file that does not work I'll take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all my files don't work U_U

this is one of my files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i save you file with my illustrator and now don't work in after effects - this is your file that i save with my illustrator

this is you file that save

file save with my illustrator.JPG

and this is you file

adobe expert file.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox says it all:

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.36.00 PM.png

When you save a file this dialogue should pop up.

Screenshot_2018-05-18 22.41.18_rmzsaQ.png

That should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O_O

thanks you

after work.JPG

also i try to open my files with affinity but don't work

affinity error.JPG

but i active this option and now also affinity can read too

affinity work.JPG

thank you TT_TT you save my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dropbox now also can show a preview of ai file

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's really helpful thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines