Copied

Adobe Lightroom forum:

D

David Passerat De La Chapelle

|

Aujourd’hui, 16:54

Vous

Hello,
I have lightroom classic (LRC) and Lightroom CC (LRCC) and would like to use LRCC only for file storage, that is to store my originals on the cloud so they stay UNTOUCHED, and keep them only there.
The problem is each time in LRC I activate the sync to synchronise my mobile photos, LRC starts downloading all the present photos from the cloud to the a default local folder in my computer, AND I DON’T WANT THIS.
On LRCC I’ve unchecked « store original locally », but once I open the flow of the sync on LRC all my photos start being downloaded and imported.
How can I prevent this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

So, in short, if you want to continue using Lightroom Classic CC without being encumbered with images from the cloud, then don't enable the sync feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Lightroom Classic CC, which REQUIRES photos to be stored locally. Only use LR CC, and your photos will be stored only in the cloud.

The combination you want of using LR Classic CC with photos stored only in the cloud is not possible, unless you perform a lot of manual workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David0ff-1968  wrote

AND I DON’T WANT THIS.

On LRCC I’ve unchecked « store original locally », but once I open the flow of the sync on LRC all my photos start being downloaded and imported.
How can I prevent this?

Unfortunately, that's how Lightroom Classic works. Once you enable sync in LR Classic there is no way to stop the images being synced from the cloud. In short, the workflow you would like to have is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in short, if you want to continue using Lightroom Classic CC without being encumbered with images from the cloud, then don't enable the sync feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your responses.

I will go and find other cloud for storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines