• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not enough memory (RAM) PSE14

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been using PSE14 for a few years now and haven't had any major issues. Tonight, my surface pro required an update and once completed, PSE14 does not seem to be working the same. Upon opening, I receive the error message, "could not complete the command because there is not enough memory (RAM)." I've read into ways to fix this by going to edit > preferences > performance, though when I click 'performance' I receive another error message, "An integer between 50 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted." I do not know how to fix this, and would greatly appreciate any help please! Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly word for word the same problem except that I upgraded to 2018 because the Fall creators update for windows 10 broke the pen function on the surface pro. Nobody ever responded to that. I hope this gets fixed quickly as Elements is no completely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also with the same problem. "Could not save a copy as (details) because there is not enough memory (RAM).

Using haze removal - only popped up yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rossviss  wrote

Also with the same problem. "Could not save a copy as (details) because there is not enough memory (RAM).

Using haze removal - only popped up yesterday.

If you read the recent posts, you'll find many with the available fix for memory problems, for instance:

An interger between 50 and 8 is required..problem on 14.1

It's a known fact that haze removal requires a lot of RAM, but if the message is new, that means you are in the same Windows update issue; the fix should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need to fix this, we shouldn't have to do the registry fix, we paid good money for this, if I could get a refund I would. besides that, it is very hard to contact them.If they ever get this issue solved, I probably won't be buying any more photoshop, this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than altering the registry, are there no other ways to solve this? Are Adobe aware of this issue and has anything been mentioned about it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kylem2037  wrote

Other than altering the registry, are there no other ways to solve this? Are Adobe aware of this issue and has anything been mentioned about it? Thanks.

With the number of posts in this forum and in the feedback one about those issues, they must be aware of them.

Similar problems have been reported in the feedback forum for Photoshop CC three months ago (before the Windows update) and Adobe immediately acknowlegded the issue and gave the workaround. They told they were working on it, but the new Photoshop CC releases don't seem to give a fix. I have not seen specific feedback for Elements.

Anyway, if they find a fix for Elements, it will be for PSE2018 only if they provide an update before the next PSE2019 version...

Unless Microsoft solves its problem soon, I would use the registry solution now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Elements 15 without any problems and all of a sudden can't save photos because "there is not enough memory (RAM)".  I upgraded to Photoshop Elements 2018 and have the same problem.  What is the problem?  Solution?  The program is not much use to me if I can't save photos after reworking them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hughp63933103  wrote

I have been using Elements 15 without any problems and all of a sudden can't save photos because "there is not enough memory (RAM)".  I upgraded to Photoshop Elements 2018 and have the same problem.  What is the problem?  Solution?  The program is not much use to me if I can't save photos after reworking them.

The problem is explained in my previous answers with the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I have used the Elements programs for years and like them.

This glitch with windows and elements was very frustrating but your

proposed fix worked and I can now use the new Elements 2018 without the

annoying "not enough memory (RAM)". Thanks again, HJP

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 12:19 PM, MichelBParis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which previous solution? Every time Windows updates, I should not have to buy a new photoshop elements. Elements 10 was not compatible with Windows 10, I then bought Elements 15. Now it down not work. Worked less than a year ago and now it does not? I have pently of Ram. Would like a simple easy fix so I can continue to use Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

susand49239516  wrote

Would like a simple easy fix so I can continue to use Elements 15.

Use the registry fix:

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and still does not work.

Sent from my iPhone

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are assuming I have 8MB Ram

I purchased my computer iwth 4 MB Ram and has lots of memory left.

Please provide me with the correct instructions  so I can this problem.

I totally agree with other comments we should not need to upgrade the software we spend good money on each time Microsoft upgrades windows 10.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same problem with PSE 14 . This is the first time I've used it since the Windows 10 update . Worked fine last Saturday . I have a shoot for my son's business I need to complete before Monday . Is their any fix forthcoming ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you sort it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same problem. Just happened after last Windows update - won't save a file because not enough RAM and when I go to preferences>performance, I'm told that "an integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted". Photoshop then hangs and I have to use Task Master to close it down.

It's useless as it is at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back through the posts on this thread. There is a registry fix that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kylem,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums.

It seems you are facing performance issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Please read & follow this article .

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your answer.

Ichanged the registrey as expained.

The error message *Could not complete your request because there is not

enough memory (RAM) * does not appear again.

the organizer is working, but the photo editor cannot start.

The drial version elements 2018 does work : that means my computer fulfills

the requirements.

Is there a solution for photoshop elements 14

Sincerely yours.

Michel Soffer

2018-05-31 18:30 GMT+02:00 dhananjays36801738 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Not enough memory (RAM) PSE14 created by dhananjays36801738

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/dhananjays36801738> in *Photoshop

Elements* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10417076#10417076>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your easy to follow article. Fixed the problem for me.

regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look at this video on your tube which resolved the issue for me

Photoshop Error - because there is not enough Memory(RAM)| How to Solve - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for reaching out to me.

After giving the suggested edit of the win 10 registry (and learning how to

backup the registry I needed to change) much thought, I followed the

instructions and am able to successfully use elements 2018.

I'm embarrassed to have failed to post my success after following the

reported solution.

I will add this information to the orginal post.

Thanks again for both your help and your willingness to share your

knowledge with those of us less technically skilled.

Sincerely,

Jim Pullin Sr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "work around" is not good enough.  Adobe needs to fix this for all versions of Photoshop, and do it ASAP.  Their failure to fix the issue is unprofessional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hope that an Adobe update will address this issue for Photoshop Elements, as it has been addressed and fixed for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines