Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Ruler units of the document

Contributor ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How to change the ruler units or measurement units of illustrator document using script?

I want to change the ruler/measurement units of activeDocument to type points

pls help

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

there's no direct way, look here for options

Re: Set Ruler Units

Re: Set unit preferences (Javascript)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no direct way, look here for options

Re: Set Ruler Units

Re: Set unit preferences (Javascript)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these links lead to nowhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, since the forum changeover last month, all posts prior to sometime in 2016 have been 'archived', and are no longer accessible. Presaumably Carlos's links fall into that category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they are accesible, luckily these links were post with their thread name. Search form them they show up.

message?advanced=false

Change false to true and you will be able to find posts much better and also get back pagination so you can find results on the other pages 

But than you also need to change this damn search engine behavior. I dont understand why Adobe doesnt fix this community. The search fucntion is terrible broken. They only need to change a php code which gives seearch results. In the URL title bar you can find this. Mind that you also need to set the "View by Posts" to "Specific Posts"

editing url address allows for proper search on this forumediting url address allows for proper search on this forum

Im thinking about bugging Adobe daily on twitter or so, bug the hell out of them so they fix this!! IF we do this with more people, i hope they will look at it. We need to wake this SLEEPING GIANT!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately they get our subscription money every month whether they fix it or not.. so unless and until someone else actually challenges adobe in the marketplace.. i think there's no incentive for adobe to actually fix this stuff..

I wish i was just being cynical, but there's a decade+ of silence from adobe on issues like this to corroborate my pessimism. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try looking for those links in the internet archive, or my suggestions is to create a new document with the right units and move all your art to it. You can probably cut and paste making sure "Paste Remembers Layers" is On

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines