• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP reinstalling PS3 (Widows full version) & PS6 (Mac upgrade) on a Mac after hard drive crash

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a hard drive replaced on my Mac and need to reinstall PS.

I have the full version of PS3 which is Windows (must have been running Parallels at the time) and the PS6 upgrade which is MAC.

I no longer run Parallels/Windows so am unable to reinstall PS as PS3 requires Windows and since PS6 is an upgrade, it won't install unless PS3 is installed.

I thought Adobe would at least have a contact email/phone # I could use to see about how I can get this done since I paid for both versions but am unable to find either.  Anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you con't need to install previous versions to install an upgrade version.

when starting your installation you're prompted for your cs6 serial number.  when the installer fails to find a qualifying product (ie, previous version) installed, you will be presented with a dropdown of possible qualifying products.  select the one you own.  you will then be asked to enter the qualifying products serial number.

enter the correct number at the correct time and installation will proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>thought Adobe would at least have a contact email/phone # I could use to see about how I can get this done

CS6 is over 4 years old and is no longer supported by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for the info and link.  I followed the instructions, had a few issues and the solution was outlined in the instruction and was able to get CS6 back installed.  Only took about 20 minutes.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines