• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe draw eraser problems on iPad pro

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using an apple pencil on my iPad pro and I've created an image in adobe draw. The image is hand lettering. I drew the outlines of the letters then drew one shape around all of them and filled that shape with black. So my letters are essentially empty outlines with opaque negative space around them. I then went back into my empty letters with the eraser tool to clean up my edges and perfect my drawing. However after spending lots and lots of time cleaning up, when I opened the file again my letters were jagged again, as if I had done no corrections. I thought it must've been something I'd done wrong so I set about cleaning up my image again. However, again, when I returned to my image, the edges were jagged again, almost like there was a ghost drawing behind them. I've only got two layers though, the white background with nothing on it, and my drawing layer. Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blecch. that's not supposed to happen.

can you send a screenshot or the results?

(separate comment: I like to make duplicate projects before cleanup... just in case)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also notice that the erase feature only seems to work on the drawing layers, not the image layers. I have to clean up my images in an app called Sketches first (which lets you erase any part of an image and any line drawings you’ve done.

Any chance that could be in an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dnacomm.

Although it is possible, after a Sketch Layer is merged with an Image Layer, to erase parts of an image in Ps Sketch I don't know whether this functionality is being considered for Draw.

I will, however, submit your request to the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines