2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2008 10:21 PM by xwisdom

Unable to open a local sqlite3 db

Benoit "Flapflap" Milgram
      Hi there,
      I try to open a db sqlite3 with AIR. I created it with sqlite GUI editor sqliteman and is very simple (one table with 4 fields...)
      AIR give me the Error #3125: Unable to open the database file."
      Is there any thing I have to check on the format or other ?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Unable to open a local sqlite3 db
          enorton@adobe
          Hi,

Officially, using databases created with other tools isn't a supported workflow.

That being said, AIR 1.0's version of SQLite is 3.4.0. What version does sqliteman create?

The error you are getting, as per the the ActionScript Language Reference appendix on errors, "Indicates that the connection could not be completed because the database file could not be opened. This can happen if SQLConnection.open() or SQLConnection.openAsync()is called with the openMode parameter set to SQLMode.UPDATE and the database file doesn't exist. It can also happen if the operating system returns an error when the runtime attempts to access the database file."

Are you certain that the path being used is correct?

Good luck!
          -Erica
          • 2. Re: Unable to open a local sqlite3 db
            xwisdom

quote:

Officially, using databases created with other tools isn't a supported workflow.

So does this means that I will not be able to use other tools to rescue or edit an AIR/SQLite DB?

If this is so would it be a good thing to lock in the SQLiteDB to only work with AIR apps? How about providing an option for this?