Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouth shapes for lip synch

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew Jason Kra

I am starting with a blank face Photo Shop template that already contains mouth shapes that lip sync to the live microphone. How do I remove these mouth shapes so I can input my own drawn mouth shapes that are in Photo Shop files and put them into the proper places so they lip sync? In the tutorials, they show the mouth template that has white or clear boxes next to the letters, the mouth shapes are visible in these small boxes. I have not been able to find this template. The only template I see, has black boxes with nothing visible in them. So, how do I get rid of the original mouth shapes and input my own that will lip sync?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Yes, the problem is solved, I got it to work. I just needed to be more meticulous when I input the new files. Each one must be not only labeled the same as the deleted one, but also it must be put into the exact same position to reconstruct the template.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the blank face puppet in Photoshop, add a layer with the mouth shape you want, for example "surprised." Name that layer "Surprised." Delete the original surprised layer and put your new one in its place. Continue this process for all the mouth layers you want to replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jerry said - but make sure you get the spelling of each layer right and don’t include other mouth expressions in that group. You need to do other mouth expressions (eg angry) slightly differently. But get the basics right as Jerry said before trying the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted the original mouth shapes and input my own using the same names. I reconstructed the template so it looks identical, yet, my mouth shapes are just sitting in a pile and not reacting to the live microphone or the audio which I am putting in the scene and computing on the timeline. How come they are not moving and syncing the way the original ones were?

On Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 12:01:50 PM EDT, alank99101739 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Mouth shapes for lip synch

created by alank99101739 in Character Animator - View the full discussion

As Jerry said - but make sure you get the spelling of each layer right and don’t include other mouth expressions in that group. You need to do other mouth expressions (eg angry) slightly differently. But get the basics right as Jerry said before trying the next step.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10398002#10398002 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10398002#10398002

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Character Animator by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can post a screen cap of the puppet layers, especially the mouth, perhaps we can give you more specific suggestions.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/andrew+jasonk45727134  wrote

I have deleted the original mouth shapes and input my own using the same names. I reconstructed the template so it looks identical, yet, my mouth shapes are just sitting in a pile and not reacting to the live microphone or the audio which I am putting in the scene and computing on the timeline. How come they are not moving and syncing the way the original ones were?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How CH works is it used tags. Tags are auto created by layer names, but the tags are what really matters. The puppet must have a face (err i mean lip sync) behavior (added for you by default) then under it must be a mouth layer (tagged) with immediate children of the mouth positions (each tagged).

The mouth is like a swap set. One of the children is displayed (Triggered). The others are hidden. If the mouth layer does not have a tag, the behavior won’t know to hide the other mouth positions.

The “behavior” triggers the different positions using the tags (not layer names).

So in rigging, open up the puppet properties panel and look for the mouth tags (they are grouped together). ckick On each layer and check the tags are correct. Also make sure other things are not also tagged still by accident. That can confuse it.

my guess is you renamed the old mouth layer but it left the mouth tag in it so it’s getting confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the problem is solved, I got it to work. I just needed to be more meticulous when I input the new files. Each one must be not only labeled the same as the deleted one, but also it must be put into the exact same position to reconstruct the template.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines