• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to align objects that are inside a group?

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using AI CS6 and just wondering if it's possible to do a horizontal align of multiple objects (align to selection) that are inside the same group? Searched and searched but no luck in finding an answer. I have a feeling that this is not possible but would like to confirm. Perhaps someone has a tip/trick on how to do this?  I know I can take the objects out of the group and do the align but I have hundreds of groups and would like to avoid this if possible.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Double-clicking on an object in the group will put the group into Isolation Mode. This will allow you to manipulate the members of the group as if they were ungrouped. When you have finished, you may double-click anywhere that's not on a group member, or click on the gray bar near the top of the document window, to exit isolation mode.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-clicking on an object in the group will put the group into Isolation Mode. This will allow you to manipulate the members of the group as if they were ungrouped. When you have finished, you may double-click anywhere that's not on a group member, or click on the gray bar near the top of the document window, to exit isolation mode.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!  This is exactly what I needed.  Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines