Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with captivate exported as swf, black ribbon

New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

Did you encounter an issue with exported captivate content in SWF format?

For a week, my content does not show up and a black ribbon with Cp is showing instead as displayed in attached screenshot.black_ribbon.png

I encountered the issue with Firefox, Chrome and Safari in the latest version with flash in version 29.0.0.171 (as recommended by Adobe Adobe - Flash Player )

Best regards,

Loick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting - however that bar is appearing, I wonder how it knows to show the CP icon? Like the browser may be refusing to load the SWF (security restrictions) but can somehow determine what tool generated the SWF.

Do you know if the SWF that you're publishing is workable at all?

Does it work in IE?

Are you trying to load the SWF locally or via URL?

Loading the SWF directly or via HTML embed?

If you can verify the SWF is workable in some situation (so it's not 'broken'), then the trick is either in the integration or browser security...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Erik,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my issue.

When I deployed on my webservers the swf, it was functionnal.

It does not work with IE.

I've tried in local with Swiff Viewer on Windows and it does show the black ribbon with Cp in green.

The swf is loaded directly.

Is there any "trial" thing in captivate, like the content is available "as demo" for 30 days or so?

Regards,

Loick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'trial' thing? Are you using a trial version of Captivate? In that case it is fully functional for 30 days. Projects published with a trial version expire after 30 days as well.

When you publish to SWF, you get some companion files: never launch the SWF directly but use the xxxxx.htm file to launch the course. The xxxx.htm file i calling the other files (JS is essential) and launching the SWF.

However, hope you are aware of the fact that EOL of Flash player is announced, that some browsers (like Chrome) do no longer install the Flash Player plugin, but it has to be manually activated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually do not create the Captivate content, I just publish it hence my lack of knowledge regarding the product license option.

The content is of course served through web page via JS.

However it's not obvious that it's a license issue when you only look at the published content.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources