Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signed extension takes very long time to load palettes

Participant ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We are running an html extension on InDesign CC 2015 on mac.

I have a selfsigned extension containing of four palettes. When the user groups the palettes together and then closes them and open them again, InDesign freezes up for  about 90 seconds. Then everything starts working again. If I put the machine in debug mode, by setting PlayerDebugMode = 1 i the com.adobe.CSXS.6.plist file the problem goes away.

My plugin is a number of angular applications. Its 63 Mb and contains around 1800 files ( java script files mostly).

Is it the verification of the signed plugin that makes InDesign freeze up?

Regards

/ Pontus

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are correct the load time increases with the number of files in your extension. Seems logical though as the signature verification module has to scan through all the files and verify the signature, in debug builds since there is no verification of signature the extension loads fast. I refactored my code to bring down the package size and the no. of files and then it was all within acceptable limits.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to reduce the number of files in my project.

Regards

/ Pontus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines