• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Update with too many bugs ( Audio issues, crashes, slow playback )

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to the latest version of Premiere Pro and we all know that it is a rather unstable program for some time now but I really need this update because of the long awaited RAW Light Codec, so rolling back is not an option. However, this seems to be the worst version of Premiere yet. After some research, I've confirmed that there are more people out there with some of the same issues but it just seems to bad to be true and, even though, I haven't changed anything recently I'm considering that I may be doing something wrong so here's a list of the issues I'm running into:

- Timeline super slow! Even at 1/4 and even with Full Hd Files (!!!). I've checked off the "Show Video Thumbnails" that usually makes things even slower

- Audio won't playback when recorded in separate channels but only at times (!!!). If I quit and restart PP or reboot the system it will playback when it feels like it. I've updated the OS as suggested by Adobe and it didn't change anything

- PP will crash when Auto Ducking ( Audio) option is enabled every time!

- While using croplines ( 2.35) PP will do some kind of blending mode with the croplines forcing me to quit PP and/or reboot the system. The image turns all green and blue

- Constantly crashing!

This is becoming so frustrating! How am I supposed to edit when I'm running into problems every 15 mins? It seems to me, that Adobe likes this monthly payment system ( obviously!) and feels the need of launching constant updates regularly but the truth is that PP is just getting more unstable by the update. Right now it offers me more problems than solutions. Still I am forced to pay for a faulty program. I really can't see how Adobe feels this will work!Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 15.46.07.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-23 at 15.47.02.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is that there are fewer major bugs hitting large numbers of users with this version than with most recent releases.

The suck ... if you're one of the ones hit with the ones there, are, well ... yea, it totally sucks. And from your list, you've got several. Some of them are more prevalent on the Mac side than others also. Which may also be affecting you.

Now all that said, many people with these issues have been able to trouble-shoot their way past them. So check out threads here on each issue.

As to general timeline slowness, each version of PrPro seems to need more hardware capability. Playback is mostly CPU with some GPU help on GPU-accelerated effects. If you're working long-GOP H.264 media from DSLR, drone, or "devices", with a 4 core CPU, limited RAM of a slow older nature, and an older GPU ... I wouldn't be expecting faster playback unless you went to proxies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is that there are fewer major bugs hitting large numbers of users with this version than with most recent releases.

I  don't know if this is true but if it is that's not the main issue. The main issue is that the bugs that I'm running into makes the EDL non workable... ( I'm here again hoping that the colour wheel that I'm seeing right now won't make it crash even though I know that it will very probably will)

Now all that said, many people with these issues have been able to trouble-shoot their way past them. So check out threads here on each issue.

There are simply too many issues for Adobe to launch such a faulty version.... It is just too much!! I understand ( or try to) how complex and editing software can be but we're talking about too many professional who pay to use this program properly.... It is too faulty of a product!!

As to general timeline slowness, each version of PrPro seems to need more hardware capability. Playback is mostly CPU with some GPU help on GPU-accelerated effects. If you're working long-GOP H.264 media from DSLR, drone, or "devices", with a 4 core CPU, limited RAM of a slow older nature, and an older GPU ... I wouldn't be expecting faster playback unless you went to proxies.

I'm not that into computer specs but other than the RAM I'd say that my machine has the specs to hold up pretty well with 4k files. Also, it did!! Just until this last update!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users, from all accounts, are working pretty decently. Like my rig. Understand, on initial install of 12.1 I went through a period dealing with the workspaces not "sticking" that went into just plain crashing. Completely shut me down as far as 2018. Took a bit of CC Cleaner Tool cycling through a couple times before a reinstall just ... worked. Like me, some others were able to get through that and get working.

Some haven't, which is a killer. NO question.

Since I got it working, it's a very fine release, and the comparison-view/shotmatching features plus the changes in the link to Audition are huge upgrades to my workflow.

Looking at the threads here ... with the perspective of knowing this forum over around six years now ... the number of different issues compared to previous releases seems roughly about half, and the total 'uptick' of postings as the new release dropped is also way down from previous releases. Both indicating that the majority of users aren't having huge troubles. Note, by the published data, the number of users is actually well up from years ago. More users, yet a major release update doesn't get nearly the problem responses. No, the app's actually in general better.

But as I noted ... that it's better for others isn't applicable to any one user's situation. And if you're the one with a killer problem, yea, it's painful. I've had releases that I couldn't use for six months afterwards until they fixed the issue that killed the app on my rig/media combo. So, I kept working in an earlier release ... and I always keep earlier releases for working older projects in their original release.

There's some issues with EDL for me over the last what, three releases? Thankfully I don't need them that much. And I know others that EDL daily with no troubles. However, at least a third of my EDL's historically don't work right. So I'll re-create an EDL until finally one works, which can take 2-6 times. Yea, I've filed bugs about that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you tried so far to fix the problems you are having?

There are some common first steps but want to find out what you have tried first.

I'm running the latest Premiere on a similar Mac without seeing the issues you are:

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.43.49 AM.png

but am not using the Raw Light codec.

The latest version of Premiere Pro is far from perfect but not seeing the slowdowns you are seeing.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'm almost ready to shoot myself!! It keeps getting worst and worst, to the point I feel there has got to be something wrong. Since my post this afternoon I've encountered new issues:

- Music on the timeline will go def. If I mute one track and unmute it will work

- I had some graphics on a timeline. I then duplicated the timeline as I wanted to insert a single file from Resolve. It changed the formatting and keyframes of those graphics, even if I went to the previous timeline and copied and pasted the graphics it wouldn't work. It interpreted the graphics differently on a duplicated timeline

- super slow to the point that if I wanted to see something I just had to export

- keeps on crashing not only PP but also the OS

I'm running on very tight deadlines here, I don't really have much time to research troubleshoot and there are just too many issues to tackle them one by one... I feel there must be something wrong but I really don't know what.... Didn't want to trash the preferences as I got them very personalised. I understand what you guys are saying about the majority of users but it is definitely not the experience I'm having and it's driving me crazy... One way or the other the way that Adobe launches products is not acceptable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues myself on a PC.

The audio disappered on the sequence, reappeared and you couldnt hear it. I was editing 4K material wth no problem, now I cannot with out "Media Pending" popping up(it hasn't done this in months...I've checked my hardware with Puget Systems, run diagnostics and it it working great. I need answers or help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to finish the more troublesome project. Just moved on to another that needed some minor changes. PP worked fine. Can't tell if it's about the project, disk, EDL... I just don't know and it doesn't seem like anybody at Adobe does either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm ... sometimes projects get corrupted. If it's working better in a new project, I hope that does get it working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it is the 2nd project that's been corrupted in 3weeks...I'm going roll back to 12.0.1, this is rediculious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could help ... or someone else could. This is painful.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil... I think someone from Adobe could step in here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent this morning dealing with serious crashes on a project. It was the "sorry, adobe had a serious error" bs crash.

Clean out caches - crash.

So I imported the old project into a new project - crash.

Updated to latest version - crash.

But I did find out what was causing the crashes and it is an obtuse one.

I had created a custom workspace that mimic'd the old FCP 7 interface couple of weeks ago. And I had been editing fine without a crash until today.

What solved the problem was resetting my workspace back to the default Adobe workspace. So far no crashes. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh ... sometimes, it's just weird what causes bad behavior on PrPro's part ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand the total frustration. For those editing for paying clients, the nice people what pays our bills gotta get their work. Or the bills don't get paid. Been earning a living on work for clients over 40 years now.

If you can export an XML or EDL out of your 2018 projects, you could import that into 2017. And see if that would get you going.

Or even see if you can get the XML or EDL into Resolve.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I'd prefer that the product that I paid for would actually work...

Anyway, as I said before I need the 2018 PP for the RAW Light Codec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines