• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3.1?

Contributor ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to 7.3 when it came out and rolled back to 7.2 with all the issues with presets.  Are the problems fixed in 7.3.1?  Are there specific steps I should follow this time?  I used to just click update on my CC app.  Not sure that's wise right now based on my last experience.  Other experiences?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

7.3.1 fixes some of the problems with presets but there lots of problems remaining. 7.4 will likely be out in 1-3 weeks, so you might consider waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3.1 fixes some of the problems with presets but there lots of problems remaining. 7.4 will likely be out in 1-3 weeks, so you might consider waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I think I will. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it will be out soon... supposed to release a preset pack in two days but it's so buggy right now. Can't apply presets created on RAW images to JPG and DNG...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't apply presets created on RAW images to JPG and DNG...

That's because the preset has the Treatment & Profile option checked. If you uncheck Treatment & Profile, the preset can be applied to both raws and non-raws. 

If you find that confusing, please add your constructive opinion to this bug report: Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes no... Be sure to click Me Too and Follow -- this will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.  At the moment, Adobe doesn't consider this to be a problem.

Unfortunately, there's another bug that may be affecting your preset: If you check any of the Color options when creating the preset, then Treatment & Profile will be automatically checked and you won't be able to uncheck it: Lightroom Classic: Automaticly checking Treatment & Profile box when i check some of color adjustmen... Be sure to click Me Too and Follow on this bug too.

The only workaround for the second bug is use the free Fix Presets plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John.

One more question, with your fix preset plugin you mention it will "Remove any treatment (color/black-and-white) and profile included in the presets. ". Means there is no way for me to include the right profile and adjustments with saturation and vibrancy. Am I correct?

The weird thing is those presets with profiles created on RAW images CAN be applied on JPG images under LIGHTROOM CC ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

with your fix preset plugin you mention it will "Remove any treatment (color/black-and-white) and profile included in the presets". Means there is no way for me to include the right profile and adjustments with saturation and vibrancy. Am I correct?

The weird thing is those presets with profiles created on RAW images CAN be applied on JPG images under LIGHTROOM CC ...

To test my understanding of your question: You want to have a preset that includes a profile and Color settings.  When you apply that preset to a raw, you want the profile and the Color settings applied.  When you apply it to a JPEG, you want the profile to be ignored and the Color settings to be applied.

If that's what you want, you can't do it in LR 7.3 with new enhanced profiles (Adobe Color, Landscape, Neutral, any user-defined profile) -- LR won't display the preset when you've selected a non-raw.  But you can do it with non-enhanced DCP profiles (the old kind) (Adobe Standard, Camera Matching profiles, custom profiles made with the DNG Profile Editor).

If my understanding of what you want is correct, please add your constructive opinion and Me Too vote to this bug report:  Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes no...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John! I actually reported those "treatment & profile" being automatically checked problem when the new version came out. So definitely upvoting the topics...

I'm curious on your thoughts:

- Do you think we're moving towards a creating of "custom profiles" vs "presets"?

- If you had to release presets to clients. Would roll back to 7.2 and create them under that version of LR for it to be compatible for sure?

Thanks!

ps: your export LR to LUT is awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think we're moving towards a creating of "custom profiles" vs "presets"?

I think we'll see more custom profiles for sure. They have important capabilities that presets don't: LUTs and look tables, the ability to fade their strength.  But they can't be combined in the way presets can be (e.g. one set of presets for exposure and contrast, another for detail, another for color temperature, etc.). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had to release presets to clients. Would roll back to 7.2 and create them under that version of LR for it to be compatible for sure?

I think that's the only practical way to handle it, until such time as you're wiling to tell clients that they need 7.3 or later.  That may be a little premature right now, given the problems with 7.3 and 7.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines