• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

drawing to photo

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to make a photo look like a drawing, but is there a way or filter to make a drawing look more like a photo?? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

We do this all the time in Photoshop, where you can gaussian blur the lable a touch. You can also put a copy of the bottle on top of the label, then run a high pass of about 3 and set this grayish looking layer to linear light, this will put some of the texture and lighting on top of the bottle. Option click between the top to layers, to isolate the high pass effect onto the label only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine how a filter could do that. 

Look at it this way: The filters that make a photo look like a drawing do so my decreasing its complexity in a particular way.
In order to make a drawing look like a photo, you would have to increase its complexity, which would require knowledge of how the more-complex image should look.
This would require thinking and decision-making on a level that no currently available consumer software is capable of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I am thinking more of a "glassy" effect or even slightly blurred, since lines and letters are hard edges, where photos are softer.

Basically what I am trying to do is place a label drawn in illustrator, onto a photo of a bottle in photoshop, and I need the label to look softer like it is actually part of the photo instead of a drawing plopped on top of a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see. I was doing something like that just today. I used warp to shape the label to the cylinder, and then a bit of lens blur to soften the label, a little darkening to reduce the bright white, and some shading and highlighting over the top to match the lighting on the cylinder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do this all the time in Photoshop, where you can gaussian blur the lable a touch. You can also put a copy of the bottle on top of the label, then run a high pass of about 3 and set this grayish looking layer to linear light, this will put some of the texture and lighting on top of the bottle. Option click between the top to layers, to isolate the high pass effect onto the label only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you should give Adobe Dimension a look Adobe Dimension CC | Photo-real 3D images for product and package design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines