1 person found this helpful
We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, one of the users is getting an error message "Out of memory" when viewing a PDF file, Is that correct?
This error usually occurs, if you run too many memory-extensive applications simultaneously. So try performing those redaction tasks after closing some of the background processes/applications.
Also, check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and try viewing the PDF file.
Is it specific to one PDF file or with all the PDF files? Try disabling the Protected mode once and see if this brings any difference. To disable the protected mode, please refer to Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader
You can also navigate to Acrobat's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Protected View>Off
Note: Disabling Protected mode is for testing purpose, please enable it back.
In Acrobat's Preferences, navigate to Edit>Preferences>Page Display>Page Content and Information, select "Show large images"
If the issue persists, please share the following details so that we can help you better:
- Dot version of Acrobat installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC
- Is it a Mac or Windows machine?
- The version of Operating system installed?
- If it's specific to one PDF file, Is it possible to share the PDF file with us?
- To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message
Let us know how it goes and share your findings.
We have found out the cause of the issue. There is one page that is causing the issue and we think the page will have to be fixed.
[Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number, email]
Thank you for sharing the update. Please remove the PDF page and check. Let us know how it goes.