• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CH crashes when editing audio file

Explorer ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making my first animation, a very simple one, and everything has gone fine until now. I prerecorded  a short voice over and imported it into CH. When I dragged the file to the timeline CH crashed. Reopened the app and the audio was still in timeline. Every time I make even a slight alteration to the audio file CH crashes. On reopen the change is there but the crash happens everytime I do anything to the audio file. No other crashes up until this issue. I'm on the current version on a MacBook Pro (2015). The audio file is an MP3. 3mb. I'm grateful for any help. Many thanks.

Terry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Update. Just in case anyone is interested.

I took SharonfromMD's suggestion and edited  the audio in Audition. I thought maybe it would work better if I saved as .aiff files. Imported them into CH and when I dragged a file to the timeline, crash. Opened the project and the audio was still there. Clicked on it and...crash.

So, I ran the disk utility on my Mac, restarted and deleted the .aiff files. Went back to Audition and exported as MP3 files. Imported them into CH and dragged a file to the tim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound simple, but did you put it in the project window first, and then dragged it?

What changes are you trying to do to the audio file?  I have songs but haven't had any issues. However, I never edit anything in the audio file in CA. I import them from Logic. For me, that's where all the editing is done. I don't think there is a way to cut, paste, change etc. in the audio file.

I've used a MacBook pro for all of my recordings, but I'm now on a better machine. I haven't used the Adobe program that edits-you might try that one. (Can't remember the name)  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I imported the file into the project window then dragged it to the timeline. Crash. Then I just made a slight adjustment cutting off some unecessary content at the end. Crash. Then I moved  vo slightly. Crash.

Anyway, I'm going to follow your lead and edit the audio outside of CH in Audition then import it. It will be interesting to see if I get the crash when I add it to the time line. At least it will be only one or two crashes before I get what I need.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. Just in case anyone is interested.

I took SharonfromMD's suggestion and edited  the audio in Audition. I thought maybe it would work better if I saved as .aiff files. Imported them into CH and when I dragged a file to the timeline, crash. Opened the project and the audio was still there. Clicked on it and...crash.

So, I ran the disk utility on my Mac, restarted and deleted the .aiff files. Went back to Audition and exported as MP3 files. Imported them into CH and dragged a file to the timeline. No Crash. Dragged another audio file. No crash.

Now, the original files I imported were MP3 files and they crashed CH. But, saving those same files (after editing) to MP3 files in Audition seemed to work.

I have a feeling this story isn't over but for now it looks like I'll be able to create my very simple, not more than a minute long, highly anticipated animation.

I'd appreciate hearing form anyone else who might be having a similar problem. I know I don't have the greatest computer on earth but I should be able to make a simple little cartoon. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terry,

I have now a heavy duty iMacPro, but when I made my songs I had a MacBook and have used LogicPro. I put 16GB of ram memory in it. It made a world of difference. You did what I would have suggested. MP3 files are much smaller than .aiff. When I first worked with an animation program (not this one) they only allowed MP3s. You might consider adding memory, if you can't get a new computer.

So, I've never had the problem you've had. I'm sure it's internal ram. Though, again, I'm not an expert.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines