9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 7:56 PM by stefanr15261831

how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer

serestibi
      On my site I need to display lots of pictures. I used the image viewer flash element from the `insert`-`media` tabs.
      Everything works great, but the first few pics in the slideshow are clickable, and link to the adobe home page. How could I remove the links and make the pics not clickable. I already went into the flash element properties window and made the `image links` and `image link targets` blank. I don`t know what else to try. Please help!
      thank you: Tibor
        • 1. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
          Level 7
          serestibi wrote:
          > On my site I need to display lots of pictures. I used the image viewer flash
          > element from the `insert`-`media` tabs.
          > Everything works great, but the first few pics in the slideshow are clickable,
          > and link to the adobe home page. How could I remove the links and make the pics
          > not clickable. I already went into the flash element properties window and made
          > the `image links` and `image link targets` blank. I don`t know what else to
          > try. Please help!
          > thank you: Tibor

I assume you are referring to Dreamweaver, if that's the case then look at the source code
          of the HTML document that hold that flash movie, there is an array:

imageLinks:[' http://macromedia.com/','http://macromedia.com/','http://macromedia.com/'

You can add and remove link to any image. You can also find it under Behaviors.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
            serestibi Level 1
            thanks Urami
            I will try that.
            Tibor
            • 3. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
              serestibi Level 1
              I don`t see any links in the code, could it be a default setting?
              And it doesn`t matter which order I put in the pictures its always the first three that have the link. Here is the code, could you look at it?
              thanks, Tibor
              <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="850" height="500">
              <param name="flash_component" value="ImageViewer.swc" />
              <param name="movie" value="slideshowgallery5.swf" />
              <param name="quality" value="high" />
              <param name="FlashVars" value="flashlet={captionFont:'Verdana',titleFont:'Verdana',showControls:true,frameShow:fa lse,slideDelay:6,captionSize:10,captionColor:#333333,titleSize:10,transitionsType:'Fade',t itleColor:#993300,slideAutoPlay:true,imageURLs:['treework/ontop.jpg','treework/firthinning .JPG','treework/climbing.jpg','treework/bigremoval.jpg','treework/bigremoval2.jpg','treewo rk/firpruning.JPG','treework/tiborarborist.JPG'],slideLoop:true,frameThickness:2,frameColo r:#333333,bgColor:#BBBB70,imageCaptions:[],title:'Arborist Work'}" />
              <embed src="slideshowgallery5.swf" quality="high" flashvars="flashlet={captionFont:'Verdana',titleFont:'Verdana',showControls:true,frameSho w:false,slideDelay:6,captionSize:10,captionColor:#333333,titleSize:10,transitionsType:'Fad e',titleColor:#993300,slideAutoPlay:true,imageURLs:['treework/ontop.jpg','treework/firthin ning.JPG','treework/climbing.jpg','treework/bigremoval.jpg','treework/bigremoval2.jpg','tr eework/firpruning.JPG','treework/tiborarborist.JPG'],slideLoop:true,frameThickness:2,frame Color:#333333,bgColor:#BBBB70,imageCaptions:[],title:'Arborist Work'}" pluginspage=" http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="850" height="500"> </embed>
              </object>

I tried deleting the pluginspage part of it ,but on the preview it didn`t make any difference.
              • 4. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
                Level 7
                serestibi wrote:
                > I don`t see any links in the code, could it be a default setting?
                > And it doesn`t matter which order I put in the pictures its always the first
                > three that have the link. Here is the code, could you look at it?
                > thanks, Tibor

This is really weird, I was trying it out in Dreamweaver and it included the links
                in the source code. Any how, once you Insert the Image Viewer, select it and open the
                behaviors panel, see if you can see the links there perhaps. And if so, delete and try
                to again.

--
                Best Regards

Urami

--
                "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
                If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
                </urami>
                • 5. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
                  serestibi Level 1
                  It doesn`t show anything on the behaviors panel either.
                  thanks anyways.
                  Tibor.
                  • 6. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
                    Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                    Just an idea, look for an external javascript or xml file for the viewer. The links maybe stored there.
                    • 7. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
                      stefanr15261831 Level 1

For the Adobe Dreamweaver ImageViewer.swf hyperlink programming there is the imageLink tag in the Flash Element panel of Dreamweaver.

The automated default setting for ImageViewer.swf is a preprogrammed hyperlink that does not show for display in either the HTML code or the Flash Element panel imageLink tag.

However, the imageLink tag does exist and can be programmed.  For instance you could program imageLink | http://www.yourchoice.com

You can also use the imageLink tag to program it to link to nothing at all, and the syntax for that is:
                      imageLink | '

This will display in your Flash Elements panel imageLink display box as:  imageLink | [']

Stefan Reucker

Managing Director

Intellia Ltd

Auckland, New Zealand

• 8. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
                        ClayUUID Adobe Community Professional

Just so you know, you're responding to a question that's eight years old... posted by someone who last logged in five years ago.

• 9. Re: how to remove links to adobe from the image viewer
                          stefanr15261831 Level 1

Your comment seems non sequitur.  Like saying to someone who wants to replace a car tyre that the wheel was invented a long time ago.