• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VTML speed tags

New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally, the speech/computer voice will speed up and read lines of text at a very fast speed. I'm trying to use the VTML speed tags (<vtml_speed value=”30″>) to slow down the rate, but they don't seem to make a difference. I've tried ranges from 10 to 1000 and the computer's voice hasn't changed. I searched through the forums and saw that this was an issue in Captivate 5.5. Has this been fixed?

And other than inserting VTML pauses or commas after every word, is there a workaround for this? I'm on version 10.0.0.193

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure because you haven't shared much of the text you're actually using, however, the range is between 50% and 400% speed so I don't believe a value of 30 would be any slower than 50. Make sure you are using the full syntax with the closing statement as well. For example...

<vtml_speed value="50">Hello World.</vtml_speed>

I'm not sure if you have the documentation from Neospeech but I found it helpful. I saved a copy to my website because Neospeech kept creating new links. Here is my link if you would like to download a copy for yourself.

https://captivateteacher.com/vtml

Also, my video on this topic is one of the most popular of all my eLearning videos to date. Feel free to check it out. Adobe Captivate - Text to Speech Hints and Tips - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.

The text that I'm using is this:

"In the middle, is your workspace. Here, you can add, remove, or edit any images captured during the exam.

All pictures in this section, will appear on the procedure report."

During playback, the speed is normal until it reaches the second sentence. Then it speeds up, as if someone hit x2 on a playback menu. The last sentence reads fine.

Looking through the boards, I was trying to use the VTML tags to slow down the second sentence. (it was suggested to use a speed value of thirty), but it didn't work at all. I have experienced numerous "speed ups" during my presentation. I have been able to fix most with a ridiculous amount of commas or by using VTML pause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources