• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move existing licenses/subscriptions to admin console or LWS?

May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 30 licenses for Acrobat (9 through DC, Standard and Pro) under one email because managing that was easier historically. Then I added a subscription to that account causing the licenses to stop working properly. Plus it seems each subscription needs a unique login. Fine. But I need a way to manage this going forward--either the admin console or LWS. So how do I move licenses and/or subscriptions to either VIP or TLP (or whatever) and get management level access?

I have phoned and use chat for this numerous times. No one seems to want to take ownership and one chat window was actually closed on me as I waited for someone to connect.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are now using the Subscription model for licensing, then you, as the administrator,  should be using the Admin Console to manage them and provision the Subscription licenses.  This is where the license are provisioned to the users that will be utilizing the Subscriptions in your organization.

You don't say whether of not you are using an Enterprise ID or Federated ID.  There are some decision that need to be made on how your users will actually log into their Subscription license.  You should read this documentation and make a decision on how you are going to approach this going forward.

Manage identity types in Adobe enterprise offerings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have an Apply ID for the Acrobat versions. I have a customer ID under LWS for Connect using the same email.

I think I need to get something like teams for an Enterprise ID (the best deal I see is business/one app at $35US/month), don't I? I certainly can't access the admin console anyway.

Although I now see admin console can switch Apple IDs to Enterprise IDs and visa versa.

So what's the cheapest way for me to access the admin console or LWS when I don't need Cloud services and I have one application that I want to manage? [I assume Acrobat Standard and Pro are considered one application]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have an Adobe ID for LWS for the old style Serialized licensing and that is fine.  You need to talk with Sales team about what best suits your organization and budget going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my Acrobat licenses are under LWS so I'm confused about what's 'fine'. Which is the best number to call for help with this?

I'm sorry, but I've tried various (obviously India based) Sales and tech contacts. They couldn't seem to understand or I get moved to another person. I've being communicating with some aspect of Adobe since about 9:30 EDT this morning--plus time I spent on this last week.

I realize this might seem very straight forward to you, but it's felt like a Cretan maze to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all of the licenses are individual then?  They are just under your Adobe ID when you log into Adobe.com??  Hmm... the information that was indicated earlier "sounded" like you had Volume licenses and you logged into the LWS website​ to retrieve the information on them.  If that's not the case, then what exactly is it that you want to do? 

If you are purchasing new product and you don't want the Document Cloud services that would be Acrobat DC 2015 or Acrobat DC 2017.  Otherwise,  Acrobat DC Continuous (Subscription) does have the Document Cloud services and you have already said that is NOT what you want to purchase. 

I understand the frustration.  Here is an example outline on how you "might" approach getting Adobe Acrobat DC 2017 (without Document Cloud services) without any Sales team interaction.

FAQ about Acrobat DC 2017:  Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Acrobat 2017 for research and basic answers.

Here is the Product Catalog for ordering:  Adobe products: desktop, web, and mobile applications | Adobe

1. Select "PDF & E-Signatures"
  2. Select the "PDF" checkbox.
  3. Now you "should" have the option to purchase Adobe Acrobat DC 2017 Pro and Adobe Acrobat DC 2017 Standard

I hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve, but that's not my issue. I have bought a new subscription recently using the method you gave.

(BTW: sorry for the delay)

Let me try to rephrase...

I have 30 users I manage. Right now I have two Acrobat subscriptions, but over the next couple years my 30 Acrobat licenses (currently all under one email) will probably update to subscriptions too.

To manage them easily I want to use the admin console or LWS linked to all the subscriptions. I need to know:

1) What is the best way to manage 30 licenses and 2 subscriptions? (console or LWS)

2) What is the most cost effective way to gain access to the admin console or LWS?

My immediate problem is that buying my first subscription on the same (Adobe ID) account as my licenses messed up all my licenses. I know I can ask support to move the subscription to a different email, and I can manage my users emails to stop and start subscriptions as employees change, but I'd like to setup the software optimally this time (if possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines