• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internally linked files.

New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 104mb legal deposition with 51 internally linked documents. The main doc (the deposition) is OCR'd, but the linked files are not. How do I OCR the linked files?

Where are the linked files stored? Are they individually accessible?

Bottomline is that I need the whole document searchable.

Thank

Larry

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

The only way to OCR the linked files is to have direct access of them to process them through Acrobat. If you do not have direct access to them you can't.

Let's say you link to one and now that it's in Acrobat you OCR it. That's fine for you but you did not OCR the source file, only the copy that you created when you accessed it from the original file.

If you CAN access the original linked file and replace the one that is (well) accessible, than you've solved your problem.

I hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know where you have stored the linked files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way to OCR the linked files is to have direct access of them to process them through Acrobat. If you do not have direct access to them you can't.

Let's say you link to one and now that it's in Acrobat you OCR it. That's fine for you but you did not OCR the source file, only the copy that you created when you accessed it from the original file.

If you CAN access the original linked file and replace the one that is (well) accessible, than you've solved your problem.

I hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines