• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After resizing sequence, changing clip position properties spazzes out, requiring restart

Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title says it all.

Any manner to interact with the clip position properties (aside from writing a script) causes it to move in steps of like 32000 pixels and restarting the application is required.

This was plaguing me in the previous version of the app as well (I just finally updated it on my second computer today and it still persists). It also happens on both of my computers.

So my question is, what the heck could I possibly be doing wrong to cause this issue?

P.S. Resizing the sequence always warns me that it will reset clip previews even when I have none. I could change the sequence size a second time after 3 seconds and it would warn me again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possibly a bug.

But...why are you changing your sequence resolution so frequently?  Ideally that would be a rare ocurrance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a rare occurrence after getting going, but a common part of the project set up (e.g. resizing from 4000x3000 GoPro timelapse images). So I basically have to restart Premiere multiple times each time I start a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a common part of the project set up

Set it up correctly the first time to avoid the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get this same problem if you create a new sequence with the desired frame size and then drop clips into that empty sequence?

Elaskanator  wrote

Resizing the sequence always warns me that it will reset clip previews even when I have none.

Yes, Premiere has done that for as long as I have been working with it. It's kind of a last chance to not mess yourself up if you have invested a lot of time in previews.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines